Abraham Lincoln quotes with images. United States’ 16th President was Abraham Lincoln. He served from 1861 to 1865. He was globally known for leading the country through its civil war which was the most brutal, bloodiest war United States has ever witnessed.
Famous Abraham Lincoln Quotes on life and success serve as inspirational reminders about what we can accomplish with intrinsic motivation and values.
- The ballot is stronger than the bullet.
Abraham Lincoln quotes on leadership
1. No man is good enough to govern another man without the other’s consent.
2. Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves.
3. Be with a leader when he is right, stay with him when he is still right, but, leave him when he is wrong.
4. Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.
5. Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.
6. Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.
Abraham Lincoln quotes on success
1. I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.
2. I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.
3. Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.
4. We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.
5. You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.
6. The best way to predict the future is to create it.
Abraham Lincoln quotes on education
1. My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.
2. Whatever you are, be a good one.
3. The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.
4. I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.
5. Upon the subject of education … I can only say that I view it as the most important subject which we as a people may be engaged in.
6. The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next.
7. All I have learned, I learned from books.
8. A new book is like a friend that I have yet to meet.
9. Education does not mean teaching people what they do not know. It means teaching them to behave as they do not behave.
10. My father, at the death of his father, was but six years of age; and he grew up, literally without education.
Abraham Lincoln quotes civil war
1. In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
2. No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.
3. America will not be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
4. The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.
5. Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.