Today the power of Gandhi’s words still inspire us to change the world by changing ourselves. Here are some of his most famous Mahatma Gandhi quotes.
Inspiring Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
1. The future depends on what we do in the present.
2. I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
3. Be the change that you want to see in the world.
4. A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
5. Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
6. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.
7. Glory lies in the attempt to reach one’s goal and not in reaching it.
8. An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.
9. I cannot conceive of a greater loss than the loss of one’s self-respect.
10. You don’t know who is important to you until you actually lose them.
11. A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks he becomes.
12. The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.
13. You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.
14. Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.
15. Every home is a university and the parents are the teachers.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes on Leadership
1. The world has enough for everyone’s need, but not enough for everyone’s greed.
2. The enemy is fear. We think it is hate, but, it is fear.
3. Nobody can hurt me without my permission.
4. A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.
5. When you are right, you have no need to be angry. When you are wrong, you have no right to be angry.
6. Man becomes great exactly in the degree in which he works for the welfare of his fellow-men.
7. I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles, but today it means getting along with people.
8. The history of the world is full of men who rose to leadership, by sheer force of self-confidence, bravery, and tenacity.
Read More: Powerful Mother Teresa Quotes
9. There goes my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.
10. Confession of errors is like a broom which sweeps away the dirt and leaves the surface brighter and clearer. I feel stronger for confession.
11. It’s easy to stand with the crowd. It takes courage to stand alone.
12. Strength does not come from winning. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes on Life
1. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
2. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
3. You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
4. There is more to life than simply increasing its speed.
5. Silence becomes cowardice when occasion demands speaking out the whole truth and acting accordingly.
6. Our greatest ability as humans is not to change the world, but to change ourselves.
7. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes on Love
1. Relationships are based on four principles: respect, understanding, acceptance, and appreciation.
2. The law of love could be best understood and learned through little children.
3. Where there is love there is life.
4. The real love is to love them that hate you, to love your neighbor even though you distrust him.
5. You yourself as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.