Mark Twain quotes are some of the best and most quoted words among readers who love great authors. A list of the best Mark Twain quotes.
Mark Twain was an American writer, humorist, entrepreneur, publisher, and lecturer.
Mark Twain (Samuel Langhorne Clemens) Nov 30, 1835 -April 21, 1910, was an American Humorist and great author.
Mark Twain wrote The Adventures of Tom Sawyer in 1876. Mark Twain also wrote Adventures of Huckleberry Finn in 1885.
Mark Twain worked as a typesetter and give articles to the newspaper. Mark Twain was lauded as “The Greatest American Humorist of his age”.
Mark Twain Quotes
1. The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
2. A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.
3. When all else fails, write what your heart tells you. You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
4. The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.
5. Never let formal education get in the way of your learning.
6. Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
7. If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you’re misinformed.
8. I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
9. Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.
10. Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.
11. Honesty is the best policy – when there is money in it.
12. It was wonderful to find America, but it would have been more wonderful to miss it.
13. Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
14. The best way to cheer yourself is to try to cheer someone else up.
15. Truth is more of a stranger than fiction.
Inspirational Mark Twain Quotes
1. If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
2. Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
3. Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well.
4. Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
5. Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.
6. It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.
7. The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
8. Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.
9. Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life.
10. Prosperity is the best protector of principle.
11. To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.
Mark Twain Quotes About Politics
1. In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
2. There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.
3. Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a Congressman can.
4. Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.
5. An honest man in politics shines more there than he would elsewhere.
6. suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
7. All Congresses and Parliaments have a kindly feeling for idiots, and a compassion for them, on account of personal experience and heredity.
8. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.
Mark Twain Quotes On Life And Funny
1. A good marriage is the union of the two good forgiveness.
2. When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade without further introduction.
3. The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.
4. We have the best government that money can buy.
5. No man’s life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session.
6. The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for.
7. Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
8. Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
9. Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough.
10. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Read More People Quotes: