Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time. Michael Jeffrey Jordan, also known by his initials, MJ, is an American former professional basketball player. read inspiring Michael Jordan quotes.
Michael Jeffrey Jordan was born February 17, 1963, in Brooklyn, New York. Michael Jordan married Juanita Vanoy in 1989. They had three children together: Jeffrey, Marcus, and Jasmine.
Michael Jordan is a former American basketball player who led the Chicago Bulls to six NBA championships and won the Most Valuable Player Award five times. Discover the best Michael Jordan quotes that will motivate you to success.
Following are popular Michael Jordan quotes with beautiful images for your motivation.
Inspirational Michael Jordan Quotes
1. I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.
2. I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.
3. If you’re trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I’ve had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don’t have to stop you.
4. Everybody has talent, but ability takes hard work.
5. The key to success is failure.
6. Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.
7. If you do the work, you get rewarded. There are no shortcuts in life.
8. I want to be the bridge to the next generation.
9. You can practice shooting 8 hours a day, but if your technique is wrong, then all you become is very good at shooting the wrong way. Get the fundamentals down and the level of everything you do will rise.
10. To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail.
11. Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
12. If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.
13. Once I made a decision, I never thought about it again.
14. I’ve never lost a game I just ran out of time.
15. I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. That is why I succeed.
16. Even when I’m old and gray, I won’t be able to play it, but I’ll still love the game.
17. Sometimes you need to get hit in the head to realize that you’re in a fight.
18. I realized that if I was going to achieve anything in life I had to be aggressive. I had to get out there and go for it.
19. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
20. How many times have your parents told you not to do things, and the next thing you know, you go do it? And you realized you shouldn’t have done it.
21. When I will lose the sense of motivation and the sense to prove something as a basketball player, it’s time for me to move away from the game.
22. All I knew is that I never wanted to be average.
23. My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.
24. To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don’t isolate.
25. Winning isn’t always championships.
26. Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
27. I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.
28. Best evaluation I can make of a player is to look into his eyes and see how scared they are.
29. I believe greatness is an evolutionary process that changes and evolves era to era.
30. I want to be perceived as a guy who played his best in all facets, not just scoring. A guy who loved challenges.
31. The game has its ups and downs, but you can never lose focus on your individual goals and you can’t let yourself be beat because of lack of effort.
32. Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
33. Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.
34. You have competition every day because you set such high standards for yourself that you have to go out every day and live up to that.
35. I’m not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.
36. I’ve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come.
37. I’ve never been afraid to fail.
38. You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.
39. The minute you get away from fundamentals – whether it’s proper technique, work ethic or mental preparation – the bottom can fall out of your game, your schoolwork, your job, whatever you’re doing.
40. My father used to say that it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said, ‘You never know what you can accomplish until you try.
41. My body could stand the crutches but my mind couldn’t stand the sideline.
42. The good part about being famous is being able to help people. The hard part is every day you have to be in a good mood because that is what people expect. You learn to get good at it.
43. I hope the millions of people I’ve touched have the optimism and desire to share their goals and hard work and persevere with a positive attitude.
44. I want to wake up every day and do whatever comes to my mind, and not feel pressure or obligations to do anything else in my life.
45. When I was young, I had to learn the fundamentals of basketball. You can have all the physical ability in the world, but you still have to know the fundamentals.
46. The more you sweat in practice the less you bleed in battle.
47. Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.
48. The game of basketball has been everything to me. My place of refuge, place I’ve always gone where I needed comfort and peace. It’s been the site of intense pain and the most intense feelings of joy and satisfaction. It’s a relationship that has evolved over time, given me the greatest respect and love for the game.
49. Practice like you’ve never won. Play like you’ve never lost.
50. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
51. I never thought a role model should be negative.
52. My heroes are and were my parents. I can’t see having anyone else as my heroes.
Michael Jordan Quotes On Life
1. Enjoy every minute of life. Never second-guess life.
2. Heart is what separates the good from the great.
3. I know fear is an obstacle for some people, but it is an illusion to me. Failure always made me try harder the next time.
4. Learning’s a gift, even when pain is your teacher.
5. The game is my wife. It demands loyalty and responsibility, and it gives me back fulfillment and peace.
Michael Jordan quotes On Teamwork
1. Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.
If you like these Michael Jordan quotes then please share this post with friends.
Which Michael Jordan quote is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below.