Nelson Mandela Quotes
Enjoy the best Nelson Mandela Quotes at famouspeoplequote. Nelson Mandela became South Africa’s first black president in 1994, following a 20-year anti-apartheid campaign.
During his lifetime Mandela inspired us with his numerous words of wisdom, etched in our memories till tomorrow. And his words remain evergreen.
Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela (July 18, 1918, to December 5, 2013) was a nonviolence anti-apartheid activist, politician, and philanthropist who became South Africa’s first black president from 1994 to 1999.
1. A winner is a dreamer who never gives up.
2. The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
Nelson Mandela quotes on leadership
1. It always seems impossible until it’s done.
2. I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
3. After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.
4. I never lose. I either win or learn.
5. What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
Nelson Mandela quotes education
1. Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
2. Education is the great engine of personal development. It is through education that the daughter of a peasant can become a doctor, that the son of a mineworker can become the head of the mine, that a child of farm workers can become the president of a great nation. It is what we make out of what we have, not what we are given, that separates one person from another.
Nelson Mandela quotes about love
1. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
2. You will achieve more in this world through acts of mercy than through acts of retribution.
3. A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
4. A nation should not be judged by how it treats its highest citizens, but its lowest ones.
Nelson Mandela quotes on youth
1. To the youth of today, I also have a wish to make: be the scriptwriters of your destiny and feature yourselves as stars that showed the way towards a brighter future.
2. Whenever I am with energetic young people, I feel like a recharged battery.
3. I pay tribute to the endless heroism of youth.
4. Young people are capable, when aroused, of bringing down the towers of oppression and raising the banners of freedom.
5. The youth of today are the leaders of tomorrow.
6. I admire young people who are concerned with the affairs of their community and nation perhaps because I also became involved in struggle whist I was still at school.