Ronald Wilson Reagan was an American politician and actor who served as the 40th President of the United States from 1981 to 1989. Read Ronald Reagan Quotes on Leadership, Freedom, and Success.
On February 6, 1911, Ronald Wilson Reagan was born to Nelle and John Reagan in Tampico, Illinois. He attended high school in nearby Dixon and then worked his way through Eureka College.
From his first marriage to actress Jane Wyman, he had two children, Maureen and Michael. Ronald Reagan initially chose a career in entertainment, appearing in more than 50 films.
Reagan went on to attend Eureka College in Illinois, where he played football, ran track, captained the swim team, served as student council president and acted in school productions.
Inspirational Ronald Reagan Quotes
1. The most terrifying words in the English language are: I’m from the government and I’m here to help.
2. Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
3. There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets the credit.
4. Peace is not an absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.
5. We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
6. I know in my heart that man is good, that what is right will always eventually triumph, and there is a purpose and worth to each and every life.
7. Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
8. When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.
9. We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we will always be free.
10. The future doesn’t belong to the light-hearted. It belongs to the brave.
11. Surround yourself with great people; delegate authority; get out of the way.
12. Never let the things you can’t do stop you from doing what you can.
Ronald Reagan Quotes on Leadership
1. Don’t be afraid to see what you see.
2. The federal government did not create the states; the states created the federal government.
3. All great change in America begins at the dinner table
4. Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
5. Government is not a solution to our problem, the government is the problem. It isn’t so much that liberals are ignorant. It’s just that they know so many things that aren’t so.
6. If we ever forget that we’re one nation under God, then we will be one nation gone under.
7. Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
8. Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
9. I used to say that politics was the second-oldest profession. I have come to know that it bears a gross similarity to the first.
10. Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other.
Ronald Reagan Quotes on Success
1. The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would steal them away.
2. Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don’t interfere as long as the policy you’ve decided upon is being carried out.
3. Welfare’s purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence.
4. There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.
5. My philosophy of life is that if we make up our mind what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose. Somehow we win out.