Theodore Roosevelt Jr. was an American statesman and writer who served as the 26th President of the United States from 1901 to 1909. Best Theodore Roosevelt Quotes about Success, inspiring and leadership.
Theodore “Teddy” Roosevelt ( Born October 27, 1858 ) in Manhattan, United States ( Died January 6, 1919 ) Cove Neck, United States was an author, soldier, reformer and a famous statesman.
There are many famous Theodore Roosevelt quotes that people have been studying for years. He is widely regarded as one of the best and wisest presidents of the United States.
Motivational Theodore Roosevelt Quotes
1. Believe you can and you’re halfway there.
2. Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
3. With self-discipline, almost anything is possible.
4. I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man.
5. The reactionary is always willing to take a progressive attitude on any issue that is dead.
6. It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
7. Nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
8. In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.
9. There were all kinds of things I was afraid of at first, ranging from grizzly bears to ‘mean’ horses and gun-fighters, but by acting as if I was not afraid I gradually ceased to be afraid.
10. If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.
11. Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise in time.
12. Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you’ve got to start young.
13. When you’re at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on
14. The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.
15. It behooves every man to remember that the work of the critic is of altogether secondary importance, and that, in the end, progress is accomplished by the man who does things.
16. Courtesy is as much a mark of a gentleman as courage.
17. Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
18. Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.
19. Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind.
20. Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.
21. There has never yet been a man in our history who led a life of ease whose name is worth remembering.
22. I am a part of everything that I have read.
23. Some men can live up to their loftiest ideals without ever going higher than a basement.
24. The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people.
25. The boy who is going to make a great man must not make up his mind merely to overcome a thousand obstacles, but to win in spite of a thousand repulses and defeats.
Theodore Roosevelt quotes on leadership
1. People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives.
2. Nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
3. To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
4. If a strong man has not in him the lift toward lofty things, his strength makes him only a curse to himself and his neighbor.
5. No man is worth his salt who is not ready at all times to risk his well-being, to risk his body, to risk his life, in a great cause.
6. Freedom from effort in the present merely means that there has been effort stored up in the past.
7. A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
8. Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering.
9. When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer ‘Present’ or ‘Not Guilty’.
10. When you play, play hard; when you work, don’t play at all.
What’s your favorite Theodore Roosevelt Quote? Share your favorite quote in the comment section below.