Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill was a British politician, army officer, and writer, who was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1945 and again from 1951 to 1955. Read Winston Churchill quotes.
Winston Churchill was born on 30 November 1874, in Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire and was of rich, aristocratic ancestry. Churchill served in the British Army and worked as a writer before earning election to Parliament in 1900.
Winston Churchill was the prime minister of Great Britain from 1940 to 1945, leading the country through World War II until Germany’s surrender.
In 1953, Churchill was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. The same year, he was named the recipient of the Nobel Prize for Literature.
Here are our Top Winston Churchill Quotes to Inspire You.
- Never, never, never give up.
Inspiring Winston Churchill Quotes
1. To improve is to change, so to be perfect is to have changed often.
2. I never ‘worry’ about action, but only about inaction.
3. Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
4. Things are not always right because they are hard, but if they are right one must not mind if they are also hard.
5. You must put your head into the lion’s mouth if the performance is to be a success.
6. Attitude is a little thing that makes a BIG difference.
7. Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
8. Continuous effort, not strength or intelligence is the key to unlocking our potential.
9. The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.
10. I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
11. A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
12. If you’re going through hell, keep going.
13. Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never in nothing, great or small, large or petty never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.
14. One always measures friendships by how they show up in bad weather.
15. Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
Winston Churchill Quotes About Life
1. You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.
2. It is always wise to look ahead, but difficult to look further than you can see.
3. My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.
4. The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.
5. We get to make a living; we give to make a life.
6. We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
7. To be really happy and really safe, one ought to have at least two or three hobbies, and they must all be real.
8. I have in my life concentrated more on self-expression than self-denial.
9. The true guide of life is to do what is right.
WW2 Winston Churchill Quotes
Sir Winston Churchill is remembered as one of the greatest wartime leaders in modern history. As Prime Minister, he leads the United Kingdom to victory over the Axis powers.
1. What is our policy? … to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime.
2. I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat.
3. Let us, therefore, brace ourselves to our duty, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, ‘This was their finest hour.
4. Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.
5. Give us the tools and we will finish the job.
6. War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can’t smile, grin. If you can’t grin, keep out of the way till you can.